Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Play with the big dogs... your gonna get bit!

Today was an interesting day! 4 hours of class, 4.5 games of basketball, 45 minutes in the Emergency room, 4 beautiful stitches, and 1 huge hole in my lip. I know, I know I am accident prone. I don't do it on purpose though believe me! I am beginning to believe that getting in some kind of accident is like my own little  welcoming to a new or different place. First broke my wrist, hello Sterling. Oh...You are back to basketball after your wrist surgery... well in that case, Hello ACL. I leave sterling, move to Stillwater and go wake boarding the first couple weeks, Hello 12 stitches in the head. One last time move back to Sterling, welcome back, ACL #2. Welcome to Tulsa Oklahoma, mine as well check my self into a padded room! 4th time is a charm! Well now that you all have my medical history. I'll finish my story.


I was playing basketball up at TCC. It is unfortunately all guys, and I am the only girl that plays up there. Thankfully the guys let me play. And from the first day I have not gotten treated any different than any of the other guys that play up there. I can definately hold my own though. But today, I caught an elbow to the lower lip. My teeth went clean through. 4 stitches later and I was back on the court. This is what happens when you play with the big dogs.... you get bit!


Not to worry I am fine. No tears were shed and no teeth were lost. But I did manage to film my PA stitching me up. So enjoy my short montage

The Suture from Jill Boeckman on Vimeo.





1 comment: