Friday, February 12, 2010

Outta Luck, Outta Love

Night In The Casa/ Apt.
Outta luck, well mostly yes no luck in the job search today but I did succeed in project smile! Outta Love,  yes again and with Valentine's day right around the corner its not looking so hott for me this year! 2011 will be better! 
Tonight was a night of relaxation. The great thing about living by yourself is you do everything on your own time. So tonight...
1. Cooked a great dinner. Spaghetti.
2. A glass of Boeckman Wine
3. 2010 Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony
4. A litte Def Leppard
5. Bubble Bath
6. Went through old pictures.


I just want to say that I LOVE the Olympics! It doesn't matter if it is winter or summer or special olymipcs. I think that they hold so much pride in their home country and in the athletes that represent them. A really horrific accident happened at the luge practice run this morning. Being the athletic trainer that I am, I wanted to see the MOI aka. the mechanism of injury and to see how the medical staff responded to the accident so I went to YouTube. I found the video and was looking at some of the heartfelt comments below when I came to one that read "I thought it was kinda funny". O man was I heated. Boiling. On Fire. I can not believe someone could say such a thing after watching a video like that and knowing the results. This is not a TV show, this is not a video game, this is someone son, someone boyfriend a human being. And to see someone degrade him like that is just unreal to me. Anyways I was really glad to see that the IOC take a moment of silence for him and honor him by dedicating the ceremony to his memory. On a lighter note. What was up with the bum tap dancing fiddlers in Dante's Inferno? I thought it portrayed Canada in a very creepy light. But the slam poetry was amazing. So full of life and pride. I loved the line "don't let your baggage define your travel". 


On to the Def Leppard! In the light of their hit song "Photograph" and the fact I was looking at old photographs tonight. Here are some of my favorites of non party pics. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment