Tuesday, February 9, 2010

THE weekend...

 Getcha Grandma On    
    Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I was actually busy on a weekend for once in a long time. I could not have asked for a better weekend away from Tulsa. I was in much need of a little best friend/ brother and sister time. On Friday, I got up super early. Quickly passed my online Dev. Psych test, and got ready to go to Sterling, KS for the day. When I walked out of the garage for the first time I looked across the street to find an estate sale going on. This shocked me because the last I knew about the little old lady that lived next door was still alive and growing her beautiful flowers. But unfortunately I have been gone for a while so I guess I'm not quite in the loop. I saw a bunch of furniture and stuff so I decided to go check it out since I have a VERY empty apartment. Can I just say that this old lady had the best taste ever! I found my self stuck in the jewelry section. I found the most amazing necklace to wear to the Nicolle Galyon concert I was going to later that night. It was a gold necklace with a beautiful pendant on the end. The pendant was a clock (a working one) and on the other side had a multicolor jewel. I was very proud of my find and Im sure the little old lady would be proud that someone else loves her possessions as much as she did. You ever think, when you die, what is going to happen to all that stuff you just absolutely had to have? I hope my belongings go to someone that appreciate them. But hopefully with God's blessing I will not have to find out any time soon. 


 Sterling, Kansas
     The only thing you need to know about Sterling, KS is that it is a typical small town. And when I say small I mean one stop light, one grocery store kinda place. But that is not what keeps me relentlessly going back to the little, one main street place. Its the people, the community, the feeling of Home no  matter whose house you are at. It's the feeling that when you walk on campus you know everyone, and everything about them. The good and the bad. It's the family that takes you under their wing for the four years of school, brings you into their home, and watches you grow up right along with their kids. To say that the middle of no where, Sterling, Kansas has blessed me would be an understatement. Most of the time while going to school there you would rather be any where else. But, as I have graduated and moved away to a city that is at the opposite end of the spectrum, I can only wait for the few days when I can return to the small town to visit my home away from home. The Mantz family has needless to say been my extended family for the past 5 years of my life. They have given me so much and have brought so much to my life. They gave me the one thing no one could give me. A brother and a sister. Raegan and Dalton are a permanent part of my family. I have practically watched them grow up. Dalton was barely walking when I met him and Raegan was barely in kindergarten. Now my brother is a walking sports almanac and my sister is a gymnastics diva! I would not trade my family time for anything in the world! It's a good thing that the world has evolved enough to be able to skype them every week or I might go insane!
I only wish I was this creative and took this picture... so cute.


Back to the weekend. 
Friday. 
1.   Basement Boys.  I was treated to lunch with 2 of my basement boys! These guys kept me sane for most of my time at Sterling and it was great to see them, but it was definitely weird with out J- Love there . It felt like we were missing something. But always a fun time with them. 
2. SCAT. I got to reconnect with my Sterling College Athletic Training family. It was great to see all of you guys. We spend so much time together during the year and in the training room its crazy not having them around to gossip about who got what surgery or who is doing who's rehab. I hope to find a PT family that always has each others back as much as we do. And got some great news that Kim is going to be moving to Norman to be the OU Volleyball Athletic Trainer! Super excited for her to be come down this way! Congrats
3. Crackberry. Yes I broke my brand new one!
4. Renee. I was missing my best friend for so long. I didn't get to see her much this last semester because of how busy we both were but going from living with each other/ playing basketball together/working together over the summer to not seeing her at all really hit me hard. But we always pick right back up where we left off . It was good to have my wingman back :)
5. Nicolle Galyon. We went to a bar in Hutchinson, KS called the W, cute little bar that just opened not too long ago to see Nicolle Galyon play. Nicolle is a singer/ songwriter from Sterling that now lives in Nashville. She is absolutely amazing. I could go on about her but I just let her speak for herself, check her out at www.myspace.com/nicollegalyonmusic. Also, she does a great blog using her flip cam to document everyday of 2010 its under my blog list as The Flip Project. 
5. Friends. I was so excited to see a couple of my sterling friends at the concert. They made it that much more fun. Thanks EB and Kate for making it out!
6. More Fun.Carl's bar, shuffle board, Macs house, and sleep.




Saturday
Was all about my little sister's gymnastics meet in Wichita. She did so amazing and it amazes me how much we are alike for us to not be actual sisters. I was exactly like her at that age. So competitive, determined, and fearless. Man, how I would love to get back to that little girl that enjoyed every second of everything with so much energy. Raegan is just starting to compete in a new level so it was tough for her but she still did awesome! And getting to hang with the little monster for those 4 hours were so entertaining. I was a human jungle gym for him but I wouldn't have it any other way. Going to gymnastics meets are so dangerous form me because they just make me so anxious to become a gym mom. I want to watch my girl doing the very thing I loved and still love to do. But on the other hand I am more than happy to curb my enthusiasm watching Rae. 


















Brother Love & Stud Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment