Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project Smile :)


Project Smile 2010
     So, I have the extremely bad habit of  looking in peoples cars as I pass them on the highway. I just like to see what other people do when they are driving. I was driving to class tonight and I realize it was 5 o'clock traffic on the highway, but I was checking in on people as I drove passed just like I always do. There was a girl texting and driving with her knees, a lady shoving a burger in her mouth, a truck driver that was leaning completely into the passenger side out of sight, a lady reading a packet of papers, about 43 people staring blankly ahead, and one guy yelling at his kids in the back seat of his minivan. What I realized was that not one person had a smile on their face. Not one person that looked like they were enjoying their precious life on this earth. I know not everyone gets into their car and starts to sing and dance like I do but really not one smile. I started looking at everyones faces more while I was walking to class and you could see the stress and sadness wearing on everyones shoulders. So my new goal everyday is to focus on smiling more. Smile because I am alive. Smile because I am healthy. And smile because its fun! Smiling and laughing is infectious. So, if I can make someone's day just by flashing my pearly whites then my day has been worth something. I challenge each one of you to take 5 simple minutes out of your day and focus on smiling. Make someone's day. I dare you! :) 

P.S. What makes you truly happy. What makes you smile. Gimme some feedback I would love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I love ur blog! I just read ALL ur entries! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea and some things that make me happy, which also. makes me smile!
    1. Seeing you in sterling : )
    2. anything that involves Miley Cyrus
    3. everything Eddie <3
    4. CAMP DANBEE

    ReplyDelete